Monday, May 19, 2008

Aren't we all living in denial?

Heyho :)
Before I forget. Happy Wesak Day to the people who celebrate it! I don't(celebrate it), by the way, I'm just practicing religious tolerance :)

So anyway, went to Sunway Pyramid yesterday with the family, and while Mummy dearest was happily shopping in some silai chinaman cheongsam shop, I had a very brief heart-to-heart(or whateverintheworldchamacallit) with Daddy :)

He told me about the earthquake situation in China, and apparently, it's worse than I thought it was.There are still children stuck under the rubble, and well, most of them don't know they are going to die :( That's cause alot of them, having caught a glimpse of the rescue team people, believe that they will survive.However, it is physically impossible.According to Dad(this made me tear up), there was one child, who said to one of the rescue team dudes, "Uncle, you just help me move this rock can already, I will climb out myself, don't need to trouble you", but the thing is, that rock was probably the size of Texas, and to move it would've required a bulldozer or some sort of machinery, which would've crushed the child underneath it. That's cause kids think that they'll be okay, if they keep quiet, and lay off the adults. If they mind their own business and just try to find their own way.As for that child, I don't know what happened to him or her, but I really hope and pray that he or she is still alive, that through divine intervention, the child was saved, and that God would have mercy on the child's soul.And this similar scenario is probably unfolding in various parts of earthquake-struck China.

So till Daddy told me the story, I never realised the seriousness of the situation.Call me naive, ulu, or insensitive, but all this while, I guess you can say I was living in denial, I had this tidak apa attitude. I assumed that the rescuers were trying their best(which they are!), and I simply thought that they would've succeeded in getting the trapped people out.But I was so wrong, right now, even as we read this, someone could be fighting for survival, for the mere chance to breathe fresh air one last time.

So people, PRAY FOR THEM.Pray that through this, they'll turn to God for comfort and peace.
Pray for deliverance for them, pray that despite the seemingly doomed situation that they'll be able to see the good out of it. And last but not least, pray that God will provide for them, that the humanitarian aid will reach them fast, and finally, through the Christian NGOs, they'll be able to see Jesus' love and compassion for them!

GIVE THEM HOPE.THEY NEED IT.
PRAY!PRAY!PRAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home