Thursday, November 1, 2007

And when I can't cry, I hide it behind a smile :(

Today was a ridiculously emo day. Why, you ask? Just like any normal school day, the average joe/jane may presume, but not for me.Because, today is the last day of school all the afternoon sessioners of SMKDJ 07/08 had together.I mean school only officially ends on 16th November, but we'll all be going to school on different days, and it's tearing me up inside to know that :( I truly, really enjoyed myself this year.I made so many new friends, cried so much more, laughed so much more and fell in like so much more:)For once, I felt accepted. For once, I felt like I actually belonged somewhere,For once, it felt good to just let loose and be myself, no strings attached :) And it all ended in the blink of an eye, just like that.

Oh gawsh, I may have said this so many times and you're probably sick of hearing this but this year's prefectorial board is the bomb :) Elena mentioned in her final speech as KP and I quote, "Despite our gender, race and age, we worked together towards the same goal-maintaining the discipline of the school" And yeah, it's true, we had many ups and downs, highs and lows but really, deep inside, we sincerely, truly care for each other.And i love the fact that we're so united.The seniors and juniors managed to reach this level of intimacy(not that kind!) the prefectorial board of the previous years never managed to achieve. The juniors could talk to the seniors as friends, yet have a certain level of respect, but not fear for their seniors. And I really liked that, in they're eyes, we're not the b*tchy seniors but people, friends rather, they could approach had they any problems.I still remember the first time we saw the juniors and Soph and I were like "Wah, their face all so stone and they all look so boring" but deep inside, I wanted the juniors to prove me wrong.And boy, I'm glad they did. My fellow prefects are all beautiful people, with different yet colourful personalities that can brighten anyone's day.And prefects camp was a great opportunity to get to know all of them better, to learn more about them the same way they learned more about me. We got so much closer and I never wanted the school year to come to an end :( But I guess it finally did but it just happened too fast!

I'll always recall how I got closer to each junior prefect :)
-Tanushia was my mentee
-Kean Lynn and I always dutied in the same place
-Jer and Jyn were in Grease(omg, grrreeaat times)
-Iman and I went for the Astro thingamajigy(MOYANG!)
-Sabreena's a real funny kid ;)
-Chi Han was in the same bahagian as me and she always asked me to chase the Jati kids away
-Zhong Yuen was in my group for Prefect's Camp
-Lydia was very friendly and eager to learn
-Jing Yann and I have wayy too many things in common ;)
-Alwi and Zhen Jian were great Ashiaballers
-Zhen Ian and Noveeta would always come early on Friday, so I would talk to them
-When no one was aorund to entertain me, Darren would somehow always be there
-Gwen Taine and I bonded in the toilet in Awana Longhouse, and I also borrowed her Sejarah textbook
-Syn Yee sat in the same transport as me
-I'll always tease Jevin about ****** :)
-Charis and I think very similarly
-As for the rest,I don't really know them that well, but I still love you all nonetheless!!

And today,Soph and I were relishing our last perhimpunan as a whole complete afternoon session and suddenly these words struck me:"you don't know what you got till it's gone" And I started tearing but I managed to hold it in. Assembly just happened too fast today. All this while I barely noticed how briskly the students walk when it's time to go back to class, and how fast they actually clear up the hall, despite slowly taking their time and talking to their friends.And I also never noticed how fast the PA people(we appreciate u veryvery much!) work, and they can clear everything up in just 2 minutes. Then the fan was switched off, and gradually came to a halt, and the light was switched off, the door to the PA room was locked, and that was the end of our very last assembly.

Oh gawsh, this is too much for me.God, give me strength :(,Amen

1 Comments:

Blogger Derick Tenh P.S said...

hey, dun be upset =)

since it da final days of school year for 2007, why not make a pack & have a blast. it wud be a terrible waste if u all dun appreciate it...

dun go & regret it one day when ur already an old hag =P muahahaha

PS: dun go cursing inside that i'm the old hag, fyi, i'm only thirteen (^_^)

November 2, 2007 at 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home